Temporary Full Time Teaching Assistant/Lunchtime Supervisor Vacancy
We are looking to recruit an experienced Full-Time Teaching Assistant/Lunchtime Supervisor to work alongside a child in reception on a temporary basis.
Our school is a caring environment striving to reach the full potential in all children and staff and the following requirements would be desirable.
- Experience working with children
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Caring, understanding and nurturing manner
- Confidence to work alone or lead groups under the teacher's guidance
- Willingness to assist in making resources to aid children
- Display calm and clear communication
Primary purpose of the role
The jobholder will be responsible for supporting the class teacher. Delivering of intervention programmes may be required and completing administrative tasks for the class teacher is also a key role.
- To assist teaching staff in the general supervisor and welfare of child/ren on the school premises during school hours and at times of arrival and dispersal
- To work with a child/ren at the direction of the class teacher
- To assist teachers in the care of equipment, the setting up of equipment and the preparation of materials. To help teachers create an appropriate learning environment, e.g. in the display of children's work and other materials.
- To help with the preparation and clearing up of teaching areas
- On occasions you may be asked to undertake general tasks such as organising the distribution of pupil milk, ensuring staff aprons are clean, assisting with the organisation and tidying of shared staff areas and other tasks in agreement with the School Office or Headteacher
- Assist in various administration tasks, e.g. photocopying, displaying of children's work
- Such other duties as directed by the Headteacher which are relevant to the appointment of a Teaching Assistant
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
To apply for this role, please complete the attached application and return it to Michelle Lathe before Monday 29th October at 9am. firstname.lastname@example.org