We are looking to recruit a Part-Time Teaching Assistant/Lunchtime Supervisor to join our hard working and friendly team.
Our school is a caring environment striving to reach the full potential in all children and staff. Whilst the following requirements are desirable, training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Experience working with children
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Caring, understanding and nurturing manner
- Confidence to work and lead groups under the teacher's guidance
- Willingness to assist in making resources to aid children
- Display calm and clear communication
Primary purpose of the role
The jobholder will be responsible for supporting the class teacher. Delivering of intervention programmes may be required and completing administrative tasks for the class teacher is also a key role.
- To assist teaching staff in the general supervisor and welfare of child/ren on the school premises during school hours and at times of arrival and dispersal
- To work with a child/ren at the direction of the class teacher
- To assist teachers in the care of equipment, the setting up of equipment and the preparation of materials. To help teachers create an appropriate learning environment, e.g. in the display of children's work and other materials.
- To help with the preparation and clearing up of teaching areas
- On occasions you may be asked to undertake general tasks such as organising the distribution of pupil milk, ensuring staff aprons are clean, assisting with the organisation and tidying of shared staff areas and other tasks in agreement with the School Office or Headteacher
- Assist in various administration tasks, e.g. photocopying, displaying of children's work
- Such other duties as directed by the Headteacher which are relevant to the appointment of a Teaching Assistant or Lunchtime Supervisor
- Supervising children whilst they eat their lunch and play outside; engaging them with activities and ensuring their safety
Hours: 8.45 am - 12.15 pm as a Teaching Assistant - 17.5 hours a week for 39 weeks a year
12.15pm - 1.30 pm as a Lunchtime Supervisor - 6.25 hours a week for 38 weeks a year
Salary: Grade D - Point 10
If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact Michelle Lathe, Personnel Officer on 01327 310068 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9 am on 17th April 2017